July 14, 2009

Farmer's Market Time!

One of the best things about living in Chicago is the abundance of Farmer's Markets. There is so much variety and each neighborhood has its own little atmosphere. When you can get fresh peas, greens and berries for like $7.00 total and it's local...seriously. How can you not be excited by that? Today we picked up three bunches of onion bulbs because I'm seriously an onionaholic. I could probably eat one raw like an apple. My favorite easy meal is a crap load of sauteed onions, garlic, some red pepper flakes and good olive oil. Dump over angel hair, shave some Pecorino Romano over it and go to town. Lick plate like a dog when done.

Anyway I also saw some gorgeous sour cherries that I really wanted but I couldn't figure out what I would do with them. My son wouldn't even touch them so eating them as is seems out. Anyone have some ideas? I would welcome them. Tell me about your favorite homemade cherry dish.

No comments: